Friday, September 23, 2011

How do You Advertise a Museum?

Last week I went to an advertising seminar put on by the Imperial Valley Press. My first thought, when filling out the "Account Profile Questionnaire," was that a museum doesn't sell products so this is not applicable. But when I really looked at the questions I changed my mind. Every museum competes for the attention of visitors. People have lots going on and they make choices. Can you answer any of these questions? Answer by leaving a comment.

The Competition

1. Where are people buying your products or services if they are not buying from you?

2. How do your competitors advertise?

3. How do the prices you offer compare with those of the competition?

1 comment:

  1. I notice that no one ever leaves comments on your blog. Does this mean that none of your members really care about opening the museum?

    ReplyDelete