Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Betty Cloud honored as "Volunteer of the Year"

This is a press release issued by Rep. Vargas yesterday:

El Centro, CA (April 30, 2013) –Today, Congressman Juan Vargas (CA-51) delivered the “Volunteer of the Year” award to Imperial Valley resident Betty Cloud.  In honor of National Volunteer Week, Congressman Vargas acknowledged Betty Cloud for her exceptional volunteer service and countless hours serving the Imperial County and working to better the 51st Congressional District.


I just wanted to acknowledge that when I first moved to the Imperial Valley, I moved my family to Ocotillo, right across the street from Betty Cloud. She was instrumental in connecting me to Bobby Brock, who connected me to the El Centro Rotary Club and then to the first grant we received that began the coiled-clay program. Really, Betty is responsible for what has become our signature program.

What I appreciate most is that Betty opened her library to my sons, who both read countless books the summer we lived in Ocotillo.
Sometimes it is the small things that define a person.

We love Betty at the museum. We love when she stops by. We love her enthusiasm for life long-learning. She makes a difference in our lives. She make a difference at the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment