Friday, February 21, 2014

IVDM goes nationwide!

-Anne C. Morgan, Interim Head Curator

Some of you may have noticed that I wasn't at the museum this week.  Instead, I was in Ocean City, Maryland attending the annual conference of the Small Museum Association.  I had the distinction of being the person who travelled the farthest to get to the conference, which made me pretty memorable to people. I attended several great sessions and will be coming back with some new ideas, but I went primarily to give a presentation called "On the Road Again: Adapting Traveling Exhibits to fit your Small Museum".

This was my first time presenting at a conference and I was thrilled to be able to represent the IVDM and share our Gold Fever! exhibit work with other small museum professionals.  You'll be excited to hear that we got a lot of compliments on the exhibit and the work that we did, and other small museums are going to try and follow our example in adapting a general traveling exhibit to fit their own local communities.  To me it is just one more example of how far we have come as a museum in such a short time.  I look forward to increasing our national profile and working with the SMA and other groups to continue to improve and expand the work that we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment